• reading from the day of birth or even earlier
• arranging fixed time of reading, e.g. before going to bed during the day and in the evening
• acquainting a child with a book as a toy (with using books resistant to little children experiments)
• playing with a book as much as possible - talking about the pictures, finding letters and short words, inventing alternative endings etc.
• continuing reading even when a child...
Daily reading aloud by a teacher - always with enthusiasm and real pleasure - should be performed at fixed hours.
Create a special place with a shelf of books available for children, with the covers turned to the viewers to attract their attention and encourage them to browse and read on their own.
Time spent on reading should be adjusted to the children's attention span.
Children without previous experience with reading...